Saturday, October 11, 2014

A note about these stories

A note about these stories

A while ago I had the idea of sharing some of the stories of my coming out to people, and more importantly the beautiful reactions that I got. When I mentioned this on social media, it was clear that the idea resonated, with both trans and cisgender folks.

I think at first I was assuming some kind of book, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided that I wanted it to be easy to create, easily accessible to a wide audience, cheap or even free, and open to ongoing contributions, from others as well as myself. That doesn't describe a book at all, but it does pretty closely fit a blog.

Participation, Sharing, and Copyright

I'm starting stories from my own transition, because those are the ones I know. If someone else would like to add to them, just contact me, and we'll work that out. For the moment, everything that I publish here will be copyright under my name. I'm a big fan of more open content licenses, but I also believe that personal stories deserve to be a bit more closely guarded. Still, if you want to re-use a larger chunk of what's here than fair use would allow, please just contact me.

And finally, if anyone sees this and decides to steal the idea (and hopefully make it better), please do. Create your own blog, write a book, set up a YouTube channel, fill your Tumblr, whatever you like. If you help fill the world with positive stories of cisgender people accepting trans folk we will all be happier. Well, at least I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment